Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chinese Parade Dragon and a few others :-)




Second blog entry---What is there to say? I have been going through a lot lately but rather than get mired down with the stress, I have found that it's driving me to be more creative... That's a plus, right? I'm getting a little more daring with the jugs...A couple are a little rude---I hope no one is offended---It's all in good fun! Last week, someone said to me: 'It must be nice to have a job where all you have to do is play in clay.' That really got to me. I always listen to what people have to say and try to take their opinions to heart but this time I really couldn't! The people who do pottery and/or sculpture for a living work really hard at what they do... If you don't believe me, try googling it sometime or take a day trip to a pottery studio and ask if you can watch for a bit. Sometimes it's back breaking work... We get filthy and tired, my friends--- It can be tedious and exhausting---And for those of you who wonder if all we do is roll around in clay and make heart shapes with stamps, that's not what happens... Make no mistake about it: Pottery is a job! Okay...I'll step off my soapbox for a spell :-) Hope you're all looking forward to Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment